Parents – we are listening to you!
A series of road-shows in Somerset for parent-carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We want to meet you and are keen to hear your views and ideas at one of our road-shows.
· ask questions about how SEND works in Somerset
· learn how to get your point of view across successfully (training by independent supporter Ben Mitchell)
· vote on improvements to school buildings for SEND.
· meet council officers and local volunteers involved in SEND.
· find out about Core Standards in education and about Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) and tell us what you and other parents need to know about these new developments
· tell us what you think of the Local Offer website and try it out with friendly advisors
Somerset Choices Families - Family
This is the preview version of Somerset Choices for Families. We are still developing the site and some things may not work as expected. If you find something that ...
· meet other parents and representatives from the Somerset parent-carer forum
· find out about opportunities for young people as they move into adulthood
Roadshows will be held in:
Bridgwater 11am-1pm 13 June 2017
Taunton 5 - 7pm 13 June 2017
Frome 11am-1pm 22 June 2017
Street 5 - 7pm 22 June 2017
Yeovil 11am-1pm 27 June 2017
Minehead 11am-1pm 29 June 2017
There’s no charge to attend but we would like to know how many people are coming. Children welcome but please let us know when you book.
Click HERE to book a place.
SEND Strategy Officer
Somerset County Council
Tel: 01823 356254